Some people don’t quite understand why the reasonable admission rate of the school should be about 75.5% if the relative value-addedness of the school is zero in HKDSE Examination. The figure is calculated based on the following factors :
– 70% of F1 students of WYCHK is in the HK Top 20% percentile.
– 18.8% of the population in the proper age group is offered a UGC subsided degree program
– 20% of the population is in the HK Top 20% percentile.
– 46% of the students studying UGC degree program is boy.
– 40% of the Band 1 primary 6 students is boy.
If the government offers all boys and girls in the HK Top 20% percentile a UGC subsided degree program and the academic development of boys and girls are equal in 6 years of secondary education, the admission rate of the school should be about 70%.
P.S. In a parent meeting of my daughter’s school, her principal told all the parents in the school hall that she expected a university admission rate of about 75% in the first HKDSE Examination for her school.
|Reference :||Key Statistics On UGC-funded Institutions|